Founded in 1992 followed by a complete renovation in 2010, the European Association of Institutes for Vocational Training (EVBB) is an umbrella association gathering a heterogeneous range of educational providers in the common interest of enhancing, upgrading and harmonising Vocational Education and Training (VET) at European level.
Its objective is the qualitative improvement of vocational education and training in Europe and beyond and to increase the efforts designed to promote VET as a first choice. EVBB has more than 70 members coming both from the private and the public sector and covers all fields related to initial, advanced and further education and training.
In accordance with its Articles of Association, the duty of the European Association of Institutes for Vocational Training promotes youths and adults alike in the following areas:
- providing a liberal education in terms of social, economic and sociopolitical issues taking particular consideration of European policies and policies towards the developing world based on a socially binding, liberal economic and social order,
- promoting technical, vocational or industrial qualification, continuing education and advanced training in addition to retraining,
- providing scientific education,
- providing education with regard to personal or family issues,
- promoting qualification, continuing education and advanced training in the fields of geriatric care, working with the disabled and nursing services,
- developing media and its use,
- promoting environmental qualification.